Integrating Starred & Zendesk
The two main steps are:
Step 1. Set up an HTTP target
- Click the Settings icon in the sidebar and select Extensions.
- Select Add Target and then select HTTP target
- Add a target title, such as 'Starred feedback'
- Fill in the web address starred in API Url: https://api.starred.com/sendinvitations?company=[companyID]&auth=[api-key]
- Select POST as the method and content type Form encoded
- Basic authentication remains disabled
- Go to Triggers (at Business Rules) and select Add trigger
- Add a trigger title and determine what conditions need to be met in order for Zendesk to trigger a feedback request from Starred. For example, "Ticket status is Solved"
- Then, add the actions for your trigger. The action is 'Notifications: Notify target' and select the name of your HTTP target
- Then, fill in all the necessary parameters for the Starred api. These are:
- form (form ID)
- from (sender of the feedback invitations)
- template (invitation text template)
- language (language of form and invitation)
- Optionally, you can add your own desired parameters to filter the results and to personalise your invitation text. Examples are: firstname (eg ticket.requester.first_name), lastname (eg ticket.requester.last_name) and name of the agent who handled the request (eg. assignee)